In the last four years…
- The debt of the United States has grown to a startling $16 trillion dollars — the largest total in our nation’s history.
- As the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has reported, the Obama Administration has racked up 4 straight trillion-dollar plus annual budget deficits. 
- Unemployment has remained over 8% for 43 straight months— a first since the Great Depression. The real unemployment rate — taking into account those who have stopped looking or who are working part-time and want more work — is almost 15%.
- More than 23 million Americans are out of work or underemployed.
- Because of this troubled economy, the number of Americans receiving food stamp assistance — more than 46 million in all — is at a record high, according to the government. 
- The United States has slid from 3rd in ease of starting a new business to 13th in the world, trailing unlikely competitors like Rwanda and Macedonia.